Saturday, January 15, 2011

Rejoice ALWAYS

These past two weeks have been so crazy and God has been teaching me a lot. We're currently 15 days into the new year. I remember being at living waters with some friends on new years and God spoke a TON of promises to me for this year. The biggest one of all was that He was going to change my level of comfort and it was going to cause me to grow deeper in Him. All I can say is that GOD WAS RIGHT... I feel like He is changing my heart in ways I didn't expect. It all started when I went through "The seven steps to freedom in Christ." It's part of the book "The Bondage Breaker" by Neil T. Anderson and I highly recommend it. It was a powerful experience to sit down with a friend and forgive myself and others and also confess my person sin. I didn't think it was going to be powerful. About halfway through we came to a point of forgiving other people and it was extremely hard in some cases but God spoke over me and let me know that this is what I have been holding on to. It was very supernatural... This was definitely a moment I will remember.

As for life on 1/15/11 I will say it's great because it is! I have been meditating a lot on Philippians 4:4 which says: "Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say t again: REJOICE!

I think a big part of my life has been based on loving God when things are going my way. However, when things got tough I would get mad at Him for taking things away or putting things "on hold". However, seeking Him more recently with my full heart has really shown me how much He loves me and also how much better His plan is than my own. Definitely giving it all the J.C. is the way to go if I do say so myself. I am enjoying growing in Him and also just staying focused on Him!

Oh and of course.... here's a song "Fill Me Up" by United Pursuit Band

2 comments:

  1. HA Ha...God's Got your number Jonathan Shanahan. You're in trouble now :)

    "Surely goodness and lovingkindness will follow you all the days of your life..." Ps 23:6a

    ReplyDelete